Personal data we collect
RinkSite collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our products. You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our products. The data we collect depends on the context of your interactions with RinkSite and the choices you make, including your privacy settings and the products and features you use. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
You have choices when it comes to the technology you use and the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline. Many of our products require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data required to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract; or if this relates to an existing product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case at the time. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features like personalization that use such data will not work for you.
How we use personal data
RinkSite uses the data we collect to provide you with rich, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (for example, from your use of two RinkSite products) or obtain from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Our processing of personal data for these purposes includes both automated and manual (human) methods of processing. Our automated methods often are related to and supported by our manual methods. For example, our automated methods include artificial intelligence (AI), which we think of as a set of technologies that enable computers to perceive, learn, reason, and assist in decision-making to solve problems in ways that are similar to what people do. To build, train, and improve the accuracy of our automated methods of processing (including AI), we manually review some of the predictions and inferences produced by the automated methods against the underlying data from which the predictions and inferences were made. For example, we manually review short snippets of voice data that we have taken steps to de-identify to improve our speech recognition technologies. This manual review may be conducted by RinkSite employees or vendors who are working on RinkSite’s behalf.
Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with RinkSite-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of RinkSite and its customers.
How to access and control your personal data
You can also make choices about the collection and use of your data by RinkSite. You can control your personal data that RinkSite has obtained, and exercise your data protection rights, by contacting RinkSite or using various tools we provide. In some cases, your ability to access or control your personal data will be limited, as required or permitted by applicable law. How you can access or control your personal data will also depend on which products you use. For example, you can:
Control the use of your data for personalized advertising from RinkSite by visiting our opt-out page, opt-out link in marketing emails. or by contacting rinksite via email or contact us pages.
Choose whether you wish to receive promotional emails, SMS messages, telephone calls, and postal mail from RinkSite.
Not all personal data processed by RinkSite can be accessed or controlled via the tools above. If you want to access or control personal data processed by RinkSite that is not available via the tools above or directly through the RinkSite products you use, you can always contact RinkSite by using our web form in the contact us section of this website.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. Our websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
Products provided by your organization—notice to end users
If you use a RinkSite product with an account provided by an organization you are affiliated with that organization can:
Control and administer your RinkSite product and product account, including controlling privacy-related settings of the product or product account.
Access and process your data, including the interaction data, diagnostic data, and the contents of your communications and files associated with your RinkSite product and product accounts.
If you lose access to your work or school account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to products and the content associated with those products, including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work or school account to sign in to such products.
Many RinkSite products are intended for use by organizations, such businesses. Please see the Enterprise and developer products section of this privacy statement. If your organization provides you with access to RinkSite products, your use of the RinkSite products is subject to your organization's policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. When you use social features in RinkSite products, other users in your network may see some of your activity. To learn more about the social features and other functionality, please review documentation or help content specific to the RinkSite product. RinkSite is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
When you use a RinkSite product provided by your organization, RinkSite’s processing of your personal data in connection with that product is governed by a contract between RinkSite and your organization. RinkSite processes your personal data to provide the product to your organization and you, and in some cases for RinkSite’s business operations related to providing the product as described in the Enterprise and developer products section. As mentioned above, if you have questions about RinkSite’s processing of your personal data in connection with providing products to your organization, please contact your organization. If you have questions about RinkSite’s business operations in connection with providing products to your organization as provided in the Product Terms, please contact RinkSite as described in the How to contact us section. For more information on our business operations, please see the Enterprise and developer products section.
With a RinkSite account, you can sign in to RinkSite products, as well as those of select RinkSite partners. Personal data associated with your RinkSite account includes credentials, name and contact data, payment data, device and usage data, your contacts, information about your activities, and your interests and favorites. Signing in to your RinkSite account enables personalization and consistent experiences across products and devices, permits you to use cloud data storage, allows you to make payments using payment instruments stored in your RinkSite account, and enables other features.
There are three types of RinkSite account:
- When you create your own RinkSite account tied to your personal email address, we refer to that account as a personal RinkSite account.
- When you or your organization (such as an employer or your school) create your RinkSite account tied to your email address provided by that organization, we refer to that account as a work or school account.
- When you or your service provider (such as a cable or internet service provider) create your RinkSite account tied to your email address with your service provider’s domain, we refer to that account as a third-party account.
If you sign into a service offered by a third party with your RinkSite account, you will share with that third party the account data required by that service.
Collection of data from children
When a RinkSite product collects age, and there is an age in your jurisdiction under which parental consent or authorization is required to use the product, the product will either block users under that age or will ask them to provide consent or authorization from a parent or guardian before they can use it. We will not knowingly ask children under that age to provide more data than is required to provide for the product.
Once parental consent or authorization is granted, the child's account is treated much like any other account. The child can access communication services, like Outlook and Skype, and can freely communicate and share data with other users of all ages. Learn more about parental consent and RinkSite child accounts.
Parents or guardians can change or revoke the consent choices previously made, and review, edit, or request the deletion of the personal data of the children for whom they provided consent or authorization. As the organizer of a RinkSite family group, the parent or guardian can manage a child’s information by contacting RinkSite via the contact us form page.
Other important privacy information
Below you will find additional privacy information, such as how we secure your data, where we process your data, and how long we retain your data. You can find more information on RinkSite and our commitment to protecting your privacy at RinkSite Privacy.
Enterprise and developer products
Enterprise and Developer Products are RinkSite products and related software offered to and designed primarily for use by organizations and developers. They include:
- Cloud services, referred to as Online Services in the Product Terms, such as RinkSite 365 and Office 365, RinkSite Azure, RinkSite Dynamics365, and RinkSite Intune for which an organization (our customer) contracts with RinkSite for the services (“Enterprise Online Services”).
- Other enterprise and developer tools and cloud-based services, such as Azure PlayFab Services (to learn more see Azure PlayFab Terms of Service).
- Server, developer, and hybrid cloud platform products, such as Windows Server, SQL Server, Visual Studio, System Center, Azure Stack and open source software like Bot Framework solutions (“Enterprise and Developer Software”).
- Appliances and hardware used for storage infrastructure, such as StorSimple (“Enterprise Appliances”).
- Professional services referred to in the Product Terms that are available with Enterprise Online Services, such as onboarding services, data migration services, data science services, or services to supplement existing features in the Enterprise Online Services.
- In the event of a conflict between this RinkSite privacy statement and the terms of any agreement(s) between a customer and RinkSite for Enterprise and Developer Products, the terms of those agreement(s) will control.
You can also learn more about our Enterprise and Developer Products’ features and settings, including choices that impact your privacy or your end users’ privacy, in product documentation.
If any of the terms below are not defined in this Privacy Statement or the Product Terms, they have the definitions below.
General. When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to Enterprise and Developer Products, or obtains support for or professional services with such products, RinkSite receives data from you and collects and generates data to provide the service (including improving, securing, and updating the service), conduct our business operations, and communicate with the customer. For example:
- When a customer engages with a RinkSite sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact data, along with information about the customer’s organization, to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with a RinkSite support professional, we collect device and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for products, we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When RinkSite sends communications to a customer, we use data to personalize the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with RinkSite for professional services, we collect the name and contact data of the customer’s designated point of contact and use information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
- The Enterprise and Developer Products enable you to purchase, subscribe to, or use other products and online services from RinkSite or third parties with different privacy practices, and those other products and online services are governed by their respective privacy statements and policies.